MICHIGAN MORGAN HORSE BREEDERS’ FUTURITY 2024 STALLION SERVICE AUCTION Saturday, March 2, 2024 – 11:30 am American Legion Hall Post 210, Middlebury, IN
We invite all stallions to participate in our SSA. However, there is a deadline as to when stallions can be donated, so please donate your stallion by JANUARY 1, 2024. The SSA officially opens with online bidding on January 1, 2024. Please note that those services purchased after the live auction ends are eligible to compete in the 2025 Weanling Sweepstakes, but they are NOT eligible for the Bonus prize money. Don’t be left out!
- Website and Collateral Information Pertaining to Stallions
The Michigan Morgan Horse Breeders’ Futurity (MMHBF) Stallion Service Auction (SSA) is committed to promoting the Morgan horse breed by making Morgan stallions available to qualified bidders. The owners of these stallions have agreed to donate a breeding to the highest bidder during the SSA. Subsequently, to promote these stallions and their services, the MMHBF has posted information related to each participating horse. To do this, the MMHBF has been provided collateral information by each owner/agent including, but not limited to, details of lineage, photographs, existing get, and related documents.
These materials will be available to potential bidders by requested mailing and/or online prior to as well as in person on March 2, 2024, the day of the SSA event. The MMHBF expressly recommends that potential bidders review all the information in this document prior to placing a bid. The MMHBF will make every effort to ensure accuracy of the information provided on the stallions presented. The accuracy of each submission is the sole responsibility of each owner/agent.
In the event of changes, errors, and/or omissions to the printed program and/or website, the auctioneer will make an announcement during the SSA Event prior to live bidding.
- Eligible Mares
Only registered Morgan mares will be accepted for breeding.
- Get Eligibility for the 2025 Weanling Sweepstakes
All the 2025 offspring from stallions whose services were purchased in the 2024 MMHBF SSA, including those purchased after the SSA event, are eligible to enter the 2025 Weanling Sweepstakes.
- Stallion Services Purchased
Each bidder should understand that they will be purchasing a breeding contract for the stallion of their choice placing the highest bid. The actual subsequent breeding is subject to the specific terms as outlined in the stallion owner’s contract. Each bidding participant will acknowledge that the terms in the stallion owner’s contract supersede any terms found on the MMHBF website and/or in the printed SSA program.
- Minimum Bids — Unless otherwise noted, the minimum bid for all services is $600 USD. Bidding increments must be a minimum of $50 USD.
- The Bidding Process — Bids will be accepted at any time prior to the close of bidding online or by calling the SSA co-chairs using the contact information on the last page. Live bidding will also be available for those who are physically present at the SSA event. Online bidding will close at MIDNIGHT on Thursday, February 29, 2024.
- Bids Submitted via Telephone — Telephone bids can be submitted via the SSA co-chairs anytime prior to the close of the online auction at midnight on Thursday, February 29, 2024. If you would like to make a bid via telephone during the live SSA event, you must register before 2:00 PM on Friday, March 1, 2024. This requires completion of the Bidder Registration Form (download below) providing your name, address, stallion(s) you wish to bid on with highest and best offer for each stallion, along with payment information (credit/debit card or check). When the stallion comes up for bid, an MMHBF volunteer will refer to your registration form which you, the bidder, completed. If you are the winning bidder, you will receive an email or telephone call (if no email address is provided) to inform you of your winning bid.
At 2:30 PM on Saturday, March 2, the top ten stallions at that time will be carried forward to the live auction which will begin at 2:45 PM. If you have indicated on your submitted bidder registration that you would like to be contacted to participate in the live auction, an MMHBF volunteer will call you at that time. Please be available between 2:45 PM and 4:00 PM for a call from our volunteers. We will not be responsible for being unable to reach you at the number provided during that time.
- Payment Forms
Winning bids can be settled by cash, major credit card, or negotiable check made payable to MMHBF.
- Payment Deadlines
Payment is due in full the day of the SSA event. However, if you are not physically in attendance at the actual auction, full payment must be made within 7 days.
If full payment is not made within 7 days of the close of the SSA event, the backup bidder will be contacted and offered the breeding with the subsequent bonus eligibility.
- Breach of Contract or Non-payment
Anyone in breach of a signed contract and/or default of payment will be suspended from participating in a future MMHBF SSA.
BREEDING CONTRACTS AND PROCESSES THEREAFTER
Breeding contracts, including information pertaining to collection fees, shipping fees, and attendant arrangements, will be provided to MMHBF by the stallion owner/agents. This contract will be provided to the winning bidder by MMHBF at the point of final payment confirmation. After providing the breeding contract to the winning bidder, all subsequent arrangements are solely between the stallion owner/agent and the bidder. MMHBF and the SSA are an avenue for the purchase of the service itself, only. MMHBF and the SSA will not be held liable for any breach of contract or dispute arising from the breeding contract.
BONUS ELIGIBILITY FOR WINNING BIDDERS
- Bonus Eligibility and the SSA
To be eligible for the bonus prize money awarded during the 2025 Weanling Sweepstakes, the winning bidder must have purchased the breeding during the 2024 SSA Event.
The payment for the winning bidder must have been appropriately settled according to the MMHBF terms for the winning bidder to have bonus eligibility.
- Mare Declaration Form
Each winning bidder must submit a mare declaration form by December 1, 2024 or by December 31, 2024 with a late fee of $100. This form provides information about the mare they have bred to the stallion service they have purchased. Even if the breeding was unsuccessful, the mare declaration form must be submitted in order to carry over the winning bidder’s bonus eligibility to the 2026 Weanling Sweepstakes as described below in Section 4 (Carry-over Eligibility). These forms will be available during the SSA event and here on this website under the forms tab.
- Carry-over Eligibility
If the winning bidder’s mare does not produce a foal after the subsequent breeding, the bonus eligibility can be carried over to the 2026 Weanling Sweepstakes only. The mare’s owner must re-submit a mare declaration form by December 1, 2025 or by December 31, 2025 with a late fee of $100.
BONUS ELIGIBILITY FOR STALLION OWNERS
- Complimentary Eligibility—Each owner whose stallion’s service sells at the 2024 SSA event is provided one complimentary, bonus-eligible foal sired by that stallion for the 2025 Weanling Sweepstakes only.
- Mare Declaration Form—Stallion owners must submit a mare declaration form by December 1, 2024 or by December 31, 2024 with a late fee of $100. This form provides information about the mare they have bred to their stallion referenced above in Section 1 (Complimentary Eligibility). Even if the breeding was unsuccessful, the mare declaration form must be submitted in order to carryover the stallion owner’s bonus eligibility to the 2026 Weanling Sweepstakes, as described below in Section 3, Carry-over Eligibility. These forms will be available during the SSA event and here on this website under the forms tab.
- Carry-over Eligibility—If the stallion owner’s mare does not produce a foal after the subsequent breeding, the bonus eligibility can be carried over to the 2026 Weanling Sweepstakes only. The stallion owner must re-submit a mare declaration form by December 1, 2025 or by December 31, 2025 with a late fee of $100.
- Transfer of Stallion Owner Bonus Eligibility—Stallion owners’ bonus eligibility is transferable only with written permission from the stallion owner submitted with the transferee’s mare declaration form by December 1, 2024 or by December 31, 2024 with a late fee of $100.
- Governing Body
Upon signing of the stallion service agreement and/or the placement of a bid, participants of the SSA acknowledge and agree that in the event of a dispute arising regarding the terms of the SSA or breeding contract, all participants will accept the decision of the MMHBF Board of Directors as binding and final.
All sales during the SSA are considered final and refunds are not offered, except in the case of an exceptional circumstance. Exceptional circumstances are defined and voted on by the duly elected board of directors of the MMHBF upon receipt of a written letter asking for consideration. Upon the board’s acknowledgement of an exceptional circumstance existing, a credit will be issued to the complainant that is good for the next calendar year’s SSA, only.
- Stallion Services Not Sold During the 2024 SSA Event
Stallion services not sold during the 2024 SSA Event will remain available for purchase without bonus eligibility until March 31, 2024.
- Winning Stallion Service Award
The donor of the sire of the 2025 Weanling Sweepstakes winner will receive a $1,000 award check for donating their stallion service.
SSA EVENT CO-CHAIRS:
- Lori Falk-Skover | 810-650-2062 or 810-650-1514 | email@example.com
- Ron Skover | 810-650-1514 | firstname.lastname@example.org
MMHBF TREASURER (Payments, Mare Declarations):